Refund Appeal Process
Refund Appeal Process
Students may apply for a refund in exceptional circumstances outside of UICC’s Fee Refund Policy, or dispute UICC’s decision regarding a refund, by submitting a Refund Appeal Form. This process does not restrict the student’s right to pursue other legal remedies that may be available.
The decision to grant a refund outside of the terms of UICC’s Fee Refund Policy will be at UICC’s discretion and only made in exceptional circumstances if a student provides evidence of compassionate or compelling grounds as outlined below.
Eligible Reasons for a Refund Appeal
- The degree to which the physical or mental health illness (or treatment, in the case of medication, for example) is likely to have affected the student’s ability to study, attend classes, or sit examinations;
- The length of time over which the student’s abilities were likely hampered by the condition;
- The fitness of the student to resume studies.
- Death of a loved one, including immediate or extended family members. A death certificate or obituary in English is required as documentation.
- Other unanticipated events not mentioned above will be considered, provided there is clear supporting documentation.
Other exceptional circumstances maybe considered with supporting documents
Students have up to one month following the receipt of the assessment of their Refund Request to submit an appeal of the decision. Students who wish to appeal the decision of their refund request can do so by filling out the UICC Refund Appeal Form.
Appeals must be accompanied with a detailed statement as to why their appeal should be considered and should include any additional supporting documentation. The appeal will then be reviewed by the Appeals Committee, which is made up of the college director, finance controller, and selected members of UICC’s management team. The Appeals Committee will have the appeal heard within four weeks and then make a determination of the appeal in the committee’s discretion. If you have any questions about the appeal procedure or would like to know the status of your appeal, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org using your student email address.